“ Northrup has a unique melodic voice and impeccable command of his instrument. Anyone who can admire forward-thinking compositions will enjoy this.”
Posts tagged matt northrup.
Just had a new tape come out.
Pick it up HERE.
Scope this shit. Mad Good. Friends from all around.
Club Hugs (new version) Video by Ross Brubeck
Remember to scope Matt’s Lucky Stumbles.
Our boy Matt is on tour right now. If you’re on the east coast, you gotta check this guy out. Some of my best experiences last year were seeing him play, no joke. and if you haven’t checked out his new record, do it.
March 6 @ Model Home (Philadelphia, PA) w/ The Mendles and Tongue Sculptors
March 7 @ Bohemian Coffee (Baltimore, MD)
March 8 @ Paper Sun (Washington DC)
March 9 @ House Show (Harrisonburg, VA)
March 10 @ Twisted Branch Tea Bazaar (Charlottesville, VA) w/ Golden Glasses
March 13 @ Blind Tiger (Greensboro, NC) w/ No Age and Jenny Besetzt
- New Digs: I moved into a new home this year, with my wonderful roommates Rachel and Mike. We live in a really sweet pad right near downtown. There’s a baseball stadium in my backyard, and we get to see fireworks in the summer. Couldn’t be more pleased with my living situation.
- Kale: Fucking kale, am I right? I went crazy on some kale this year. How can this shit be so cheap?
- Herman Cain: God damn if Herman Cain’s presidential bid wasn’t the most fun I’ve had all year. WE ARE AMERICA!
- Music: So, I did a lot of stuff with music this year. Looking back, I played shows with musicians that I respect and love, so that’s rad. Definitely my best show year yet. Made a lot of new friends, met a lot of incredible people. As far as shows that I attended go, Swans takes the cake. Super brutal; two and a half hours with no break. I think I saw Earth on the same night, and Krallice the next (it was a heavy weekend). I’m blanking on favorite albums, but itunes says this was my favorite jam.
- New Car: I hadn’t had a car in a while, and I got one this year. Gold volvo station wagon. I think it’s a 1994. It’s currently broken down at my girlfriend’s house, but I think it’s just a battery issue. It was nice to finally get some solo touring in!